ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS 2017
LESSONS FOR NATION,
BJP & CONGRESS
Gujarat and HP Elections are over peacefully, without any major incidents.This is a Great Tribute to the Democratic foundation of India. We have come a long way from the days of heavy Booth capturing in every Election to the EVMs and VVPATs.
No doubt, there are still some allegations and some possibilities of EVMs not working properly and potential to favour a particular party. The Election commission has been acting on such complaints promptly. Definitely, Election commission will be making the VVPATs and EVMs much more error-free and tamper-proof in the years to come.
If Booth capturing has become a thing of the past, EVM tampering also will become a thing of the past. All Major political parties must come together to make them Error free and completely Tamper-proof. These are computers and at a certain level, any computer is Error-prone and tamper-prone. We can attempt 99.9% accuracy and leave the balance to natural forces / God. The effort to make them perfect must however always continue.
Not only EVMs but EXIT Polls also can be error prone and we have seen Big instances of that in the past. Again, EXIT POLLS are getting better and better as time passes. Not every Exit Poll is accurate but if all Exit Polls point in one direction, possibly, that is the direction of the FINAL RESULT.
In that way, BJP seems to be winning both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly Election,2017 comfortably. Congress is a distant SECOND.
(1) If a question is raised on - "WHO IS WINNING, MODI OR BJP?", in most minds, the answer seems to be Modi. Modi has worked for Gujarat and Modi is working for India, wholeheartedly,sincerely and to the best of his ability. He is raising the stature of India in all International Platforms significantly. He is bringing in many new schemes like Swachh Bharat, Make in India, Skill India etc, which must succeed, for the sake of India. Adhaar Card may be the idea of Manmohan Singh. But, Modi is using it far more effectively. Likewise, MNREGA was Congress's idea. But, Modi is implementing it much Better. Every Minister in Modi's Cabinet is proving his/her mettle far better than the Ministers in the Manmohan Singh or any other Congress Government earlier. And, much unlike Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi, Modi is far more focused on development and articulates it much better and implement it much better. So, Modi winning Elections of this type is but natural.
(2) If Modi wins, BJP wins automatically. That is OK. Can BJP win without Modi? I doubt this a lot. BJP does not carry the same level of glorified Image as Modi. There is a lot to change in the BJP at Grass Roots levels.The BJP CMs must emulate Modi totally with "Sab Kaa Saath, Sab Kaa Vikas" and articulate it in their states much better than at present. They must identify themselves totally with 100% of their population and attend to their development. They must not only DO, but also show and prove that they are doing. You must not always try to win on the basis of Modi's performance and the Centre's performance. Your winning must be based on YOUR performance and your people's development. In fact, based on the states performance, people must be tempted to vote for the centre. Some Non congress, Non BJP states like Telangana and AP are performing almost like Modi.
(3) At the Centre also, in the euphoria of making reforms, some bad ideas seem to be floating and these are not scotched effectively. Like the rumour on Fixed Deposits in Banks.In olden days, when manual systems existed, each Branch was considered a different Bank and if anything happens to the Bank, like fire, theft etc also, all depositors suffered for want of records at higher levels. Today, that is not the case with Public sector Banks and Private sector Banks. Customer records are available at all levels. If a Public sector Bank faces problems, it is definitely because of Management fault and Depositors must not be allowed to suffer on any account. In respect of Public deposits at Public sector Banks, Mr.Jaitley must come forward to extend full protection to 100% of depositors to the fullest extent of their deposits. That is the only way, Public confidence in Banking system can be maintained.Reimbursement of just upto Rs.1lakh is a foolish idea in respect of PSBs, though that seems to be the existing system.What is given to Government must be safe in the Hands of Government. There cannot be any compromises in it.
(4) Today, JOBS CREATION is of paramount importance for India. So, any idea that results in JOB LOSSES must not be taken up at all - until we show alternative employment to the affected people. One such is Bank Mergers. Allow Public sector Banks to stay as they are. Heavens will not fall, if we don't have Mega sized Banks by Merger of Banks which will eat into Jobs. On the other hand, take all measures to make each Bank function well.
(5) BJP workers and Netas at Grass roots levels must be made responsible to unite their people, irrespective of caste and religion. They must be made to consciously reach out to all sections of people and bring unity among people. What Narendra Modi says as my 125 crores of Indians - must be achieved by BJP workers consciously. At least, the effort must be made towards that end.
(6) India's development will always be stunted, if development does not reach all people. So, this must be the Goal. For that, emotional integration of ALL PEOPLE is a must. In the name of further reservations etc, we must not divide people further. If some fellow raises reservation issue for his caste, there not be apologetic voices or knee jerk reactions. The time has come for the wealthy in all sections to come out of the scheme of reservations. Let Government provide the legal frame work for the wealthy and the self confident persons to voluntarily opt of reservation schemes and get classified as OC. Today, even if somebody wants, he cannot opt out of reservation schemes. This is foolish.
(7) I want Modi to remain as PM for at least one more term and BJP to bring India into the development mode fully. We didn't have a leader like Modi for a long time. He is needed by India.
(8) That said, all that is said above applies equally to Congress party and its leaders too. I want Rahul Gandhi to mature into as Good a leader as Modi. I want Congress netas to shed their past sectarian views and work for the good of all people. All people are Indians. Do not divide them into groups fighting each other, for any purpose. I also want other leaders in Congress to vie for leadership roles by dint of their merit. India definitely needs a strong, vibrant opposition political party, and a strong party in Power. Otherwise, Democracy will become stunted.
(9) Whether BJP wins or Congress wins - India must win. Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh must win in the next 5 years -as the fastest DEVELOPED STATES. That is the only Goal of these Elections and that is what the people who voted must aspire for.
* * * E N D * * *